>> Sunday, August 8, 2010
Although we're still not quite ready to do a final grand reveal of the nursery, I wanted to share a couple of pics of the crib bedding I made. I told my sister-in-law that I'd make her a crib skirt for her little girl's room, but can't very well expect her to jump on board for sewing-by-Lindsay without sharing some pics of my handiwork!
For the record, the crib bedding sets I had my eye on all retailed for $350+. Not to mention the fact that I'd would have likely needed to have someone custom-make the bedding if I were to get the colors I wanted to match the nursery color scheme (why is orange/green/brown such an "odd" color combo for a nursery? I don't get it!). So, instead of having someone else custom make a set for me, I decided to put my sewing skills to the test and give it a try myself.
About $50 and a few weeks later, we have a crib bedding set that not only matches our nursery decor perfectly, but that I'm very proud of, too! I decided not to order designer fabric as originally planned to save money; although I loved the fabric I had planned on using, I think it turned out really well with the more affordable fabrics from JoAnns.
The only part of the set I did not make myself is the fitted crib sheet; we had originally wanted to go with plain white, but I saw this dotted sheet by Dwell Studio in Target the other day, and thought it would perfectly compliment the set.
Bonus shot of the closet, and some of the amazingly cute teeny-tiny clothes we received as gifts. Four loads of laundry later, and all of the clothes, blankets, towels, etc. our daughter has acquired to date are clean, folded/hung, and ready for her arrival!